RYA Flag Football is co-ed, non-contact flag football for boys and girls between the ages of 5-17.
The 2022 Spring Flag season begins on Saturday, April 2nd - Saturday, June 4th.
All teams will practice once a week (1 hour) at Dogwood Elementary School (12300 Glade Drive, Reston, VA) or Stratton Woods Practice Field (Reston, VA). The location is dependent upon the practice day, and your Coach will inform you of your team's practice location. All games will be played on Saturday at Langston Hughes Middle School turf field (11401 Ridge Heights Road, Reston, VA).
Season Schedule and Key Dates for Spring 2022
March 12th and March 19th
1st Week of Practice
1st Game of the Season
Last Game of the Season (Championship)
**All dates subject to change**
2022 Spring Flag Registration Fees *(Registration fees MUST be paid in full prior to your child being assessed)*:
- $110: Early bird fee until January 31st
- $120: Regular Fee
- $130: Late Fee begins on March 7th
- *$10 off for the 2nd child, and another $10 for additional children
- *All registrations include a non-refundable $25 processing fee
- *$10 late registration fee applies after 3/6
**IMPORTANT COVID PRECAUTIONS THAT WILL BE TAKEN**
*Masks are required for EVERYONE; masks and mouthpieces for players.
*ONLY players, coaches, and referees are allowed on the fields.
*Fans at games are limited to 2 fans per player. (As a friendly reminder, pets are prohibited on school property.) Fans are to remain 6’ apart in the fan section located on the grass at the endzone located on the shed side of the turf field.
*Players must bring their own water bottles and should NOT share water.
*Practices will be held once per week.
*For games, coaches will provide their own ball for offensive plays. Players will spot the ball where the referee indicates. Referees will not touch balls. Balls will be wiped down after each possession.
*Flags will be cleaned after each game.
*No one should attend a practice/game if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Sore throat
- Shortness of Breath
*If anyone involved with the program tests positive for COVID or is exposed to someone testing positive for COVID, we ask that you notify the Co-Commissioners.
*This season is subject to “pause” or cancellation at any point for COVID-related reasons or other safety concerns.
Reston Youth Association (RYA) is a non-profit, all-volunteer organization, and we rely on the tremendous support of our community to operate our programs. We are currently seeking volunteers for the following positions:
* 18 years old and older
* Coaches’ training and mentors will be provided.
* If you are interested in coaching your child’s team, please register online at: http://www.restonseahawks.org/registration
* 14 years old and older
* Requirement: All referees must attend mandatory referee training and review RYA flag rules.
* Paid position (every week); please register online at: http://www.restonseahawks.org/registration
If you have any questions, please
the Flag Football Commissioner, Dylan Clemente.